Biomass India (BMI) is the pioneering Indian organisation for biomass up-cycling. We are the go-to partner organisation for state governments and industries who want to eliminate the practice of agricultural residue burning and are willing to invest in waste-to-value ecosystems in their regions.
By 2030, Biomass India aims to utilize 25-50% of rice paddy straw waste otherwise burned in India, creating a waste-to-value ecosystem for sustainable products that impact across a wide range of environmental, social, health and economic outcomes.
aims to utilize
Increase Farmer IncomeKnow more >>
- Uplifting the livelihood of 1.000.000 farmers through new income opportunities and modern farming methods and resources.
- Increasing farm productivity by ascribing value to traditional waste products.
Sustainable ProductionKnow more >>
- Disrupting the energy, fertilizer, packaging, furniture, and panel industry.
- Creating a sustainable and circular economy where planned obsolescence will reach its own expiration date.
- Support the manufacturers and design of products that are mindful of our fragile ecosystem of life on earth.
Climate Positive FarmingKnow more >>
- Reducing the annual CO2 and CO2 equivalent emissions of 16-28 million MT of CO2 annually - Eliminating biomass burning and the introduction of regenerative farming practices.
Join us to Invest in a Sustainable Future!
We bring together entrepreneurs, investors, innovators, farmers and policy makers in innovative partnerships. Together we utilize agricultural waste and create products and services of value for the global market. Learn more about our partnerships.
Creating a better world together
As a unique waste-to-value ecosystem, the Biomass India programme intends to deliver on the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals, and the Paris Climate Agreement goals.
Biomass India stands for a unique ecosystem developed through public - private partnerships to foster the innovation and acceleration of agricultural waste, for the creation of products and services of value across a wide range of environmental, social, health and economic outcomes. Please reach out to us if you want to become part of the solution.